Monday 8 August 2016

Spotlight on Andrew Barton Age-Defying 300W-500W Air Brush



Hair that is not sleek and smooth not only looks unkempt, it can make you look older than you are. Many of us who have tried to wash their locks and leave them to air dry and still look good have discovered it can be hard to get your hair silky smooth at home.

In hot weather battling with a hairdryer can be a nuisance, therefore I was delighted to discover Andrew Barton’s Age-Defying 300W-500W Air Brush (£30, Argos). Boasting super-ionic technology that helps to tame frizz, it also generates volume which is great if you have fine hair. 



Courtesy of Andrew Barton


The two brush heads, one small (25mm) which is good for shorter hair and creating root lift, and the larger one (38mm) good for smoothing and shaping, are made from soft bristles and silicone which helps to give you a sleek effect. 

I left my hair to dry naturally until it was slightly damp and ran the brush through it section by section. As I got less tension than I normally get with my hairdryer and round brush, I got a curlier look than usual which made a refreshing change. 

This brush is ideal for touching up your style. You know what I mean, when you get those pieces that go frizzy overnight.

My only gripe is that Andrew does not come with the brush. He did my hair so beautifully the other week that I got wolf-whistled which is something when you are over 35!

By Daralyn Danns