Wednesday 22 June 2016

Spotlight on BeautyBAR by Clarins, John Lewis, Oxford Street, London



Get Glowing, a made to measure self-tan facial for fatigued faces”. Well, I certainly had one of those. So, how could I resist the opportunity to look refreshed in minutes?  

Clarins, the renowned French cosmetic house, offers a range of 30-minute beauty treatments for £25 each at selected department stores (more information at beautybar by Clarins) to cater for time-poor women who want a quick beauty fix). Whether you need to brighten up your skin or ease tension from your neck and shoulders, you will find a treatment that will perk you up for the day.






My therapist Talia spent a good 10 minutes analysing my skin to see what products would best suit me. She cleansed my face with One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser with Orange Extract to help transform my dull skin back to its former glory. I also had a lovely facial massage using Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil. The cult Beauty Flash Balm, which helps to perk up tired skin, was left on my face for a good 10 minutes while I relaxed. 

More lotions and potions were applied including a few drops of what I call a miracle worker, Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster to give me a sun-kissed complexion.

After half an hour, when I looked into the mirror there was definitely another woman staring back at me. Before Talia sent me on my way she applied a quick sweep of blush and mascara and kissed my lips in Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector Toffee Pink Shimmer so that I was ready to face the world.

Not normally a fan of facials, I could become a convert as I was impressed to see how quickly I was transformed from drab to fab.  

By Daralyn Danns