Wednesday 11 November 2015

The mane cuts



“It is time to get rid of your layers,” decreed Michael Charalambous, hairdresser  extraordinaire.

In all the years that Michael has been doing my hair, he has never made one wrong call, so whatever he says I agree with.

“This autumn, we are moving away from layers,” he explains. “We will still see waves and curls but they will be natural. And it won’t matter if the weather gets to it. It will just give it that lived-in feel. Hair should be still be shiny have some body but it should not be overdressed. You don’t want it to seem as if you have spent a lot of time on it.”  

According to Michael, if you are going to wear your hair short, plump for a long fringe.





Colours to go for are natural tones such as golden browns, chocolates and biscuit blondes. 

“We are seeing less reds and coppers for this season,” adds Michael, “And less highlights.”

Michael tells me that I have plenty of baby hair coming through which accounts for the fact that it will be one more haircut before I can finally be layer-free.

My hair looks amazing and with the knowledge that it will last a good few days, I am once again ready to face the world.

By Daralyn Danns

For more information visit www.nyumbasalon.com or follow on instagram.com/nyumbasalon