Monday 1 June 2015

A visit to Josh Wood Atelier Lansdowne




Wonderfully chic, yet warm and intimate with just the right amount of buzz, Josh Wood, at his Atelier Lansdowne, has created the perfect environment to relax while getting your hair done.

It is the ”colour” salon of choice for more celebrities than you see strutting the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival. Josh is regarded as one of the world’s best colourists and even stars might find it hard to get an appointment with the man himself.

I was there to put my tresses into the hands of super stylist, Alessandro Jottini who, coming from Milan, knows how to really blow-dry hair. A job, he tells me, which has just become easier thanks to his discovery of the Oribe range of hair products.
 






Oribe Canales, born in Cuba, has become a legend in his own right. Credited for numerous superstars’ creations, he has not only worked with the likes of J-Lo, he has also styled countless editorial shoots.

After working over four decades in the fashion business, I figured his eponymous high-end line had to stand out from the crowd. The products seem to cater for every type of hair imaginable. They are beautifully scented and use cutting- edge technology. The shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair left it feeling incredibly soft.  




Less is more when it comes to styling according to Alessandro. He took one look at my hair and then at the weather outside. It was pouring down. “Your hair is prone to frizz, so I will apply one drop of Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil to combat it,” he said.

This exotic mix of goodies including argan extracts, sandalwood and jasmine was lovely and light and did not make my hair feel greasy as so many can. Before styling, Alessandro primed my hair with Foundation Mist which not only creates shine and gets rid of tangles, it also acts as a heat protector. For holidays, or sunny days at home, try the Dry Texturising Spray (£38). Simply wash and go. Although if you have fine, fluffy hair, you may want to smooth out the front.



Oribe products


After blow-drying my hair, Alessandro tonged pieces to create soft, natural looking waves. I loved it. Done but not done. It did not look as if I had been to the hairdressers. A mark of a good craftsman.

With the weather so abysmal I did not think my hair would last till lunch time when I was meeting a friend, let alone for longer.

But it looked good for a few days. The products or down to Alessandro’s prowess? I would say together they are a winning combination.

By Daralyn Danns

For more information visit joshwoodcolour.com