Monday 9 March 2015

Michael Charalambous, a pure genius




When Michael Charalambous yields his scissors he creates works of art that will transform any woman into a star ready to walk down the red carpet. 

He understands how my hair grows and falls so always creates the perfect style for me. The man is a pure genius.

“Your hair needs a couple of inches off this time,” he told me. In years gone by and in the hands of other crimpers I would have argued that that was too much. With Michael I never question his judgement. It is always spot on.






Not only are his cuts amazing, his blow-dries last for days. So this is a beauty treatment that really is worth every penny. 

I asked Michael on his thoughts for spring. “We are seeing a lot of mid-length styles,” he said. “Hair is much softer. To achieve the look, run some conditioner through the ends, leave it in and let your hair dry naturally. Use the hairdryer to smooth out a few pieces if necessary.”

What we all want, hair that is easy to look after and not time consuming. 

Michael advocates the new luxurious Chronologiste range from Kérastase to re-energise your locks. 

“As for colour, forget grey! Golden brown is the shade of the moment,” he exclaimed.

I emerge from his salon Sloane Square salon glamorised and revitalised prepared for whatever life is ready to throw at me.

 By Daralyn Danns

Michael Charalambous (www.nyumbasalon.com)
You can follow the Michael Charalambous salon at instagram.com/nyumbasalon