Monday 16 February 2015

Blow-drying tips



However hard you try to blow-dry your own hair, it never seems to look as good as when you walked out of the salon. 

It is also easy to get into bad habits and if you are not careful when styling, you can end up tangling your hair in the brush or worse still frying it with too much heat.

So I asked Mihali Hadjiyianni at the prestigious Michael Charalambous salon in London’s Sloane Square (nyumbasalon.com) for some tips.

 “Apply some leave-in conditioner to the mid-lengths and ends and comb it through with a wide-toothed comb,” he says. 






I use my fingers to ensure that I don’t damage my hair which is at its most vulnerable when wet.

Mihali suggests when I am short of time, to bend my head downwards and dry my shoulder-length hair forwards going from root to tip using a slotted or paddle brush.”To avoid damaging the hair, don’t hold the hairdryer in one place for too long,” he cautions.

Fingers once again are a good tool to use. Pull them through a section of hair at a time away from the scalp starting at the roots and hold it taut while drying to prevent it getting frizzy.

“Once hair is almost dry, take sections  and use a round brush to smooth them out. You can also create a flick in the hair by turning the brush,” he adds.

By Daralyn Danns

You can follow the Michael Charalambous salon at instagram.com/nyumbasalon