Monday 26 January 2015

A visit to Edward James London Aveda salon and spa, Putney, London



I don't like going to spas for massages in the winter as the palaver of getting undressed and dressed, as far as I am concerned outweighs any benefits of the treatment.

However, manicures and pedicures, especially this time of year are a necessity. Feet may need special attention, especially if they have had plenty of wear and tear over the festive season.

So I headed to Putney to try the Edward James London Aveda salon, the second in the chain, for some pampering.

Edward, the salon owner, is a highly-respected hairdresser who provides outstanding customer service. 




I was delighted to discover a lovely salon where you can easily slip away from the hustle and bustle. As soon as I entered I was greeted warmly and offered a drink before being taken downstairs to the basement Moorish-themed spa to meet my therapist Shermia in one of the two treatment rooms.

She quickly got to work on my feet, removing hard skin and cutting my toe nails and filing them into shape. Before she applied my polish, she gave my tootsies a most wonderful massage. I never knew this could be so relaxing and therapeutic. This treatment was the best of both worlds. Not only did I feel good, but my feet looked wonderful and would stay that way for good few weeks.

My manicure was equally as wonderful. Nails filed properly – no rough edges as so many technicians leave. We opted for a pretty nude pink polish which was extremely flattering on my hands.

This is a spa that I think could become a habit.

By Daralyn Danns

Pedicure from £32.50 for a 30-minute treatment. Manicures from £27.50. For more information visit www.edwardjameslondon.com