Wednesday 5 November 2014

Hair colour to dye for



With autumn upon us, it was time to visit the renowned Daniel Galvin salon and put my tresses into the hands of the colour genius that is Daisy Twyman.

Over the summer my colour had faded and was throwing up too much gold. I discussed with Daisy the possibility of going darker and taking out the blonde bits. I also wanted to keep my hair looking natural which can be hard when you only use one shade. But I knew that if anybody could do it, it would be Daisy.

She said she would make my hair richer and deeper, a good look for winter. “We will keep the hairline lighter as this is more flattering and gives the face an instant lift.”

Daisy’s tip to make the transition from summer to autumn is to work with the hues that are in your hair and add some warmth or richness – which does not necessarily mean red. Nor does going richer equate to going darker. 





If you have highlights that have been over-bleached by the sun, she advises toning them down. You could also think about adding some warmer hues for winter. If you have red hair, you may want to ask your colourist to adapt the formula and make it slightly deeper. It is also a good idea to get your hair cut first so that your colourist  can work with your style.

Whatever the trend, your colour should work with your skin tone and suit you. Before you alter it, you should also consider your wardrobe and make-up. Even changing your tresses by a fraction of a shade can have a dramatic impact on them. If you are happy with what you have already you don’t have to change it because it is autumn. 

My hair was amazing. I never thought Daisy could improve what had been the best colour I had had in years. I was so happy to be proved wrong. In photographs, the tones were better. Also it has opened up more options when I go clothes shopping.

I was also going to be having a couple of late autumn breaks, so it will be interesting to see how it fares after a dose of sun.

After a great blow-dry from Emma Mitchell, I was ready to face the world.

By Daralyn Danns

Daniel Galvin (www.danielgalvin.com)