Wednesday 22 October 2014

The Sultan's Foot Ceremony, the Spa at Dolphin Square, London



Tantalised by the thought of being pampered with Moroccan mystic after an incredibly stressful home move, I booked in at the Spa at Dolphin Square for a pre-holiday pedicure.

Hidden away in a courtyard, a short walk from Pimlico Tube station, this Arabian-flavoured spa is an oasis of tranquillity and a wonderful escape from the hustle and bustle of London.

You will be hard pushed not to chill out when you step inside. Lavish furnishings coupled with dark wood make you feel as if you have been catapulted into another world. I was welcomed by a friendly, attentive receptionist who showed me where to change into my fluffy robe so that I would feel more comfortable. 


Relaxation area


The 55-minute Sultan's Foot Ceremony (£60) was sheer bliss and excellently executed. Soft music played in the background. It was wonderfully soothing. Just what  the doctor ordered!

After a superb foot soak in a wooden bowl with Dead Sea salts, my feet were treated to an excellent exfoliating massage. The therapist diligently removed any remaining hard skin before she tidied up the cuticles and massaged a rich moisturising cream into my feet and lower legs. Finally my nails were polished in a pretty pale pink. I felt revitalised.

The treatment over, I was ushered into a relaxation room for a Moroccan-styled tea ceremony. The mint tea was delicious and the dates that accompanied it were scrumptious. Such a civilised way of passing the time while the polish dries.

This is definitely a unique twist which transforms an everyday treatment into a luxurious pampering treat. After this, you will never want an ordinary pedicure again.

By Daralyn Danns

For more information about the Spa at Dolphin Square visit www.dolphinsquare.co.uk/spa