Monday 10 March 2014

A visit to the Errol Douglas salon



Mane man, Errol Douglas is not only one of the most professional hairdressers in the business, but he is also one of the most charming. I caught up with him recently at his Belgravia salon.

From pretty waves, short, blunt bobs to a punk-inspired undercut (may not be for the faint-hearted), today anything goes Errol told me. 

“Whatever style women choose, they want softness,” he says. “A statement fringe will soften a short crop. Curls have been replaced by waves and spiral curves. An injection of colour can freshen up a look. Experiment with temporary colour glosses or add hair wefts.”





Errol decided to that I should go for the poker straight hair (albeit with a little body to stop it looking too hard). After prepping my hair with Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream, Errol blow-dried my hair smooth using a round bristle brush. “If your hair is prone to frizz and static, don’t tip your head forward. Work in horizontal sections instead,” he advised me. 

As it was raining, Errol went over my hair with his new straightening irons which he will be launching in the spring. 

My hair looked like silk. It was stunning. Even though it was damp when I left the salon, my hair stayed straight and lasted a good couple of days.

But would I have expected anything else from this mane man?

By Daralyn Danns

The Errol Douglas salon (www.erroldouglas.com)