Friday 16 August 2013

Le Blush Crème de Chanel



I have long been a fan of cream blusher, but having had difficulty finding the right shade, or one that does not instantly disappear into the skin, I became a powder convert. Textures are now so fine and transparent that they mimic your natural flush.

Chanel’s Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Rose Pétale (£31) is one of my favourites. It simply fuses with your complexion to give a lovely healthy flush. Although it contains shimmer, which I don’t normally like, it is so subtle that what it does do is add a luminous effect to the skin. This autumn, though, I will be adding a cream to my cosmetic collection, thanks to Chanel.

Chanel is one of my favourite cosmetic houses. I love the way it manages to marry classic and contemporary with luxury. Its fashion colours are extremely wearable so it is easy to update your look.


 Le Blush Crème de Chanel in Affinité,


One of the stars of Collection Superstition Autumn 2013 Make-up Collection is Le Blush Crème de Chanel (£27). This superb silky formula comes in six super shades. I love the Affinité, an intense pink with blueish tones that instantly brightens up my complexion. Don’t be put off by how vivid it looks in the compact. It is so sheer that once blended, it gives a really soft rosy glow.


Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Rendez-vous


Apply with your fingertips. The blushers are wonderfully creamy and easy to blend. And, they give a velvety finish that lasts all day. If you prefer a warmer-toned flush, go for Destiny, a browny- beige.

There are also lipsticks to match. (I like wearing lips and cheeks from the same colour family, it gives the face a polished look.) Rouge Coco Shine Rendez-vous (£24) works well with Affinité, while Destiny looks good with Rouge Coco Icône (£24).

If you haven’t tried cream blushers, or not for a while, you will almost certainly be converted by Chanel’s genius in a compact!

By Daralyn Danns