Monday 2 April 2012

Back to Daniel Galvin



Great result

“Your hair hasn’t faded on the ends and it has kept its tone,” said Liz Edmonds, colour director at Daniel Galvin, as she cast her beady eyes over my hair. “The overall colour could do with being a bit cooler and there are certain areas that need being blended through with some tint, which we will do after the roots have been touched up.” 



Before


It was nearly five weeks since I last visited Liz. There were no signs of orange, thank goodness, and there definitely wasn’t any yellow peering through – the two problems that she had to deal with on my first visit. 

I was pleased with how well it had lasted, but felt it was a touch too warm, But, as Liz had already picked up on it, I felt quietly confident that we could be on to a winner this time, even though Liz had warned me that it will take a few visits to get it perfect.

“Fading occurs naturally through wear and tear. The longer the hair, the more porous it is as it has been subject to more abuse from the sun, styling etc,” says Liz. “The colour shouldn’t be taken through to the ends too often.

“Your problem with too much orange was due to the fact that the base colour got lighter and the highlights on top faded and gradually went warmer so the hair ended up looking brassy.”

After all the hassle I have been through, I don’t think anybody could tempt me to put lights back into my hair.

My roots were done first. After being shampooed, Liz massaged a gloss through the ends to cool down the overall shade and cover the areas that had become a bit too translucent.

After

As I watched Megan, my highly-competent stylist (it looked amazing for days) blow-dry my hair into soft waves, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing: a lovely, natural light golden brown. I really was blown-away with the result. When I got home even the concierge at my apartment block remarked how great it looked.

This has to be one of the best hues I had for a long time. In fact, it looks so good people think it is natural!

By Daralyn Danns

Daniel Galvin (www.danielgalvin.com)