Wednesday 15 February 2012

Time to visit the colourist


“Wow, look at that hair,” was how José Molino, at Neville Hair and Beauty greeted me when I recently visited the salon. He couldn’t believe how quickly it had grown and what good condition it was in.

It was only a few months ago that I put my over-processed hair into José’s capable hands. He told me that he was only going to put a few highlights into my hair and that has dramatically improved its health. So, thanks to him, I’ve now got longer tresses, a current trend.
Since my last visit, when I touched on the subject of hair looking different in various types of lighting, 


I’ve been paying attention to other people’s hair to see the effect on different shades of hair. I had noticed that I was getting too much warmth through in daylight. “The light in November and December tends to be greyer than in January and February, when it tends to be brighter and clearer. So, it will make your hair seem a different colour,” José told me.

The remedy was to take out the extra warmth and readjust the colour. One thing I have learned from José is that you always have to keep adjusting your hue as the light changes. The colour that looks right in September may not look right in December unless you slightly change it.

“It just gets better and better,” José said looking at the finished result created by my stylist, Sam Snell. She had worked with my hair’s natural texture to create a lovely “big hair” look, which as I moved, showed off the colour.

By Daralyn Danns

Neville Hair and Beauty (nevillehairandbeauty.net)